Farmers Fair Parade
2021 Theme: Main Street USA
Date & Time: Saturday, October 2nd, 2021 - 10 A.M.
All parade entries require registration and must be picked up at the Aurora Farmers Fair
Office, Second & Main Streets, before noon Friday. No entry fee this year for non-float
entries for advertising purposes. These entries may have one vehicle and no more than ten
individuals walking and/or riding.
Judging of entries is on a point system according to workmanship (25 points), appearance (25
points), originality (25 points), and use of the theme (25
Classifications & Prizes
1st & 2nd place prizes awarded for each category
*Prizes To Be Announced*
Category A. Best Display by a Business or Business Organization
Category B. Best Display by an Adult Organization or Group
Category C. Best Display by Youth Group or Organization
Category D. Best Display by a Church or Church Group
Category E. Most Outstanding Antique Automotive Machine or Equipment
Category F. Best Decorated Golf Cart (*Must be decorated)
- Two sub-categories: 1.) Individual and/or Family 2.) Business
Rules & Regulations
- Participants must be present sixty minutes prior to the start of the parade. If the
parade cannot start on time, due to weather, it may be delayed for one hour, or
cancelled, at the discretion of fair officials.
- Cancellation by participants for any reason must be directly to a parade official at
least 24 hours prior to the parade start. Failure to do so may result in rejection of
entries for future fairs.
- Fair officials will determine classifications of entries and reserve the right to
reject or evict any entry from the parade line-up that they deem unsuitable.
- Neither the Aurora Farmers Fair, Aurora Lions Club, City of Aurora or officials
thereof shall be liable or held responsible for the personal injury, damage or loss to
parade entries, participants or observers. Participants assume responsibility for their
unit and activities at all times. Any entry with an
animal must submit a certificate of insurance at the time they register.
- All entries will have an entry number obtained at the Fair Office. These must be displayed on
the front of float towing vehicles or, if self-propelled, on the front of the float.
- Towing vehicles must be of sufficient size and braking power to control the float in tow. The
driver and any passengers must ride in factory-installed seats.
- Non-entertainment entries are limited to one vehicle and a maximum of ten individuals walking
- Entries will not throw out any items to spectators or otherwise cause them to move into the
parade route! You may have individuals walking the sides of the route and pass or hand out
- Sirens, air horns and other loud noises require caution and consideration of spectators.
- Entries should keep within 10 feet of the unit in front of them throughout the parade
- Maximum length of a float is 50 feet, including the towing vehicle.
2018 Parade Winners
Best Business: 1st - Casey's Outdoor Solutions, 2nd - Highpoint Health
Best Adult: 1st - Relay for Life, 2nd - SEI Model RR Assoc
Best Youth: 1st - Girl Scout Troup 40047, 2nd - St. Marys School
Best Antique Car or Equipment: 1st - Kittle's 1938 John Deere, 2nd - Kittle's 1952 G
Best Church or Church Group: 1st - Mt. Sinai United Methodist Church, 2nd - NA
2019 Parade Gallery
Click on an image to enlarge